The other day Mike was being super sweet and tried making me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. However, I stopped him. HAHA. I'm just so particular about certain things. This is one thing my OCD controls me in. The bread has to be perfectly spaced and straight, the peanut butter jar goes on a certain spot and the jam jar in another spot. Then I have to do it in a specific order and a specific way. Poor Mike. All he was trying to do was make me a sandwich when I was hungry. HA. I do appreciate the effort though and love him very much. :) He's so good to put up with my strange ways.
Not much has been going on lately. I've just been working and hanging out with the kids. Holland got sick and then the rest of us got sick so we are all just working on getting over that. Nolan reminds me daily how big he is getting and sometimes we have so much fun! Today, he wasn't wanting to pick up before lunch so I put on some music and we had a dance party while picking up legos. It worked so much easier and we had fun doing it rather than him being angry and ornery about it and me feel exasperated not knowing what to do. Thank goodness for pandora radio for saving me this morning! :)
Hopefully Mike and I will get to go camping soon. I am desperately wanting to go camping! And fishing! I'm about to just set up the tent in the backyard! :)
We have been *trying* to get our garden under control. Being irrigation water that runs down the mountain in the ditch as well as we only took care of half of the garden (there being a truck on the other side) the weeds keep winning. We have spent hours and hours this week weeding and it is finally looking a little better. Hopefully we can get it under control this week and then keep on top of it. But we do have a few chili peppers as well as some tomatoes starting and lettuce. The lettuce is still tiny though. Hopefully it will get better! The pumpkin and cucumber vines are doing excellent as are the sunflowers! With all the weather this year, we will be lucky to get a good garden, but so far I am just feeling lucky anything is even alive out there! The weather has been so awful and then the irrigation water got plugged up in the mountain and they didn't fix it for a few days so it didn't get any water! Hopefully everything will start looking a little better soon! :)
Happy Pioneer Day!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment