Thursday, September 29, 2011

random.

Hi. My name is Tamera, and I am addicted to Pinterest.

It's true. I waste way too much time on it now, but I've had so much fun finding new ways to do things and things to make. It's just exciting! :) I showed my mom some of the stuff and she bought things for me to make her. :) Pretty exciting. She also bought me two cricut font cartridges because she didn't like the fonts I had for the project so voila. :) Wahoo!

Mike's busy in school. I hate it. One more semester after this. Just have to make it until then. But after the summer he will be doing his Masters Program and he's hoping to go up to the U of U. However, we don't want to move. So he'd be trying to just go two days a week or so. Not sure how it will work out. I'm nervous about it, but we will figure it out.

On the bright side, Mike told me if we get $5,000 in our savings (we are at like 3,5ish) we can go to Peru. We'll be at that point before our one year mark, so I'm *hoping* we can go for our one year anniversary since he will be done with school and can take a break. :) I'm so excited. I still would rather have gotten married there, but our wedding day turned out really nice. I'm ecstatic over this though. Really.

I've been reading a new book series I bought a while back. I've only read the first book before but loved it, so now I'm re-reading that (since I finished my Peter and the Starcatcher series that I had- my sister is getting me the last book for my birthday, which is TOMORROW.). It's called The Mysterious Benedict Society. Such a fun book. I'm excited to know what the second and third books are about.

I went to a place called Cherry Lane Boutique in Provo the other day and looked at their clearance. Amazing. My mom bought me a shirt and a cardigan for $10. So I went back the other day since the cardigans are super soft and flowy just like I love, and only $5 which I also love. I bought 4 more of them in different colors. They didn't have my size in the purple one, otherwise I would have bought 5 of them. They aren't too hot which is nice, but they keep me warmer when it's cool. Absolute LOVE. I left the 4 of them in the bag for Mike to give me for my birthday but I'm wearing the gray one my mom bought me today.

I bought jeans the other day. I was so excited to still be a size 0. But I ended up taking them back. I got home and tried them on the next day with my other type of garments and absolutely loathed them. Not even comfy at all. It's so hard to find good jeans anymore. Sadly all mine are falling apart though. I have 2 or so pair that still look nice that aren't the skinny jeans (I use those with boots) so I might make it through winter. I'll just wear the skinny jeans often since I'll be wearing boots a lot I'm sure. Hopefully by spring I'll find some that I actually like.

Is it bad to be vain about my wedding ring? HAHA. I always feel so bad when I look at other peoples and they look so small or looking at them at the ring stores in the mall for fun. I absolutely love mine. I guess every girl probably loves their own more than anybody else's. I just feel bad when girls (some who are more acquaintances than actual friends) come up to me when they're newly engaged and they show me their ring then ask to see mine. I feel sort of guilty, I guess. We spent months planning out my ring and figuring out exactly what we wanted. Then we got such a great deal on it, that I got the diamond that I wanted. I absolutely love it. What I hate, those halos they put around the main diamond so that from farther away it looks bigger. Some look decent that way, but most, I don't like it.

I just finished a wedding that I did on the 17th. I would have had them done a week ago, but my computer hard drive was full and so was my external hard drive. So it was time to make hard copies of files. I decided I can't save the RAW files from client's shoots anymore. Not when it takes 2 8GB DVD-R's just to store those and not even the edited photos. I'm saving the RAW's from my personal stuff now and that's it. Except weddings. But yes, I finished this wedding. It went so smoothly and the weather was so perfect. I'm excited about it. The photos turned out perfect. I also did a family shoot last saturday and those are done too. I didn't get as many good photos from that one for the simple fact that they have a handicapped son and a down syndrome son and a 4 year old grandson. Made it hard to get everyone looking at the camera. But they look good on the ones I did get with them all looking and they look fantastic.

Mike said, the next wedding I book, we can upgrade my lenses. I am looking at a 24-70 2.8. Pretty excited and hopefully I book one soon so I can get it and not have to use my kit lens when I am not able to use my nifty fifty for the shot I need.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am Amy, and I too am addicted to pinterest :). And I have heard Peter and the Starcathers is an amazing book, still want to read it :).Oooh, Cherry Lane Boutique is really that cheap?? Take me with!

Tamey said...

Definitely read Peter and the Starcatchers! I love them! I haven't read the 4th (my sis gave it to me for my birthday) and they just came out with a 5th!

and their clearance is! :)